Location: South Africa
Decentral Energy is a renewable energy company in South Africa, specialising in developing, owning, and managing renewable energy assets. We are looking for a Solar Draughtsperson to join our growing EPC team.
- Carry out the drafting requirements for new or existing projects, including layout drawings, as well as the detailing of mechanical, structural, civil and electrical components.
- Work closely with engineers and the technical team to produce detailed and accurate engineering drawings for engineering signoffs, construction drawings for installation teams and drawings for clients.
- Interpret instructions from design engineers regarding the technical production of drawings.
- When necessary, perform site visits to take accurate measurements.
- Ensure that drawings are done in accordance with approved standards, symbols and methodology, and with the requirements of proprietary manufacturers.
- Produce bills of quantities from design drawings.
- Ensure that all allocated tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Communicate effectively with the execution team on progress, timelines, and any variations or amendments.
- Additional duties as required.
- Formal draughting qualification.
- At least 2–5 years of experience, preferably in the renewable energy sector.
- Proficiency with design software, such as SketchUp and AutoCAD.
- Ability to work accurately, with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management ability.
- Strong problem-solving capacity.
- Effective collaboration and communication skills.
Decentral Energy offers an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of the renewable energy industry. As a Solar Draughtsperson, you will make a vital contribution to our mission to promote sustainable energy solutions in South Africa.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We would particularly encourage applications from candidates from groups that are underrepresented in the sector.
To apply, please click the link below to send your CV to email@example.com.