Location: Cape Town/Western Cape
Decentral Energy is a renewable energy company in South Africa that specialises in developing, owning, and managing renewable energy assets. We are seeking a dynamic Western Cape-based Business Development Specialist to join our sales team, focusing on sub-5 MW solar PV projects.
- Collaborate with pre-sales and engineering teams to ensure a streamlined process and gather all necessary information for project development.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and proposal support to sales and channel partners.
- Process sales proposals efficiently and accurately.
- Establish and maintain lead-generation systems to maximise business opportunities.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, including mail distribution.
- Compose and edit documents, including letters, reports, instructional documents and presentations.
- Create and maintain organised filing and sales tracking systems, both electronic and physical.
- Implement effective processes and tools to streamline the team’s sales process.
- Meet quarterly sales KPIs to drive pipeline growth in South Africa.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key accounts, existing EPCs, and channel partners.
- Directly target and engage customers for direct sales.
- Provide support to the marketing team for relevant events, meetings, and conferences.
- Utilise LinkedIn and social media to promote the business and generate leads.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Highly organised, with a good attention to detail.
- Able to effectively multitask, prioritise and meet strict deadlines.
- Honest and dependable.
- Resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Able to work autonomously and remotely: the primary sales team is based in Johannesburg.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Proficient in CRM platforms, with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Willingness to travel as required.
To apply, please click the link below to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.