Decentral Energy is a renewable energy company in South Africa that specialises in developing, owning, and managing renewable energy assets. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Project Manager to join our growing project execution team.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of multiple solar PV and BESS projects, ensuring adherence to project contracts, schedules and budgets.
- Manage and direct project execution from contract signature to project close-out.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, stakeholders, engineers, contractors, third-party construction managers and other consultants.
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules to track progress and ensure timely completion of project milestones and deliverables.
- Manage and take responsibility for project budgets.
- Ensure adherence to contractual obligations and compliance with industry standards, safety protocols and regulatory frameworks.
- Establish and maintain quality customer service with clients and all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage internal team and external contractors, ensuring regular communication is maintained, progress is closely monitored, and project risks are identified and managed.
- Conduct project meetings and provide weekly progress reports to clients.
- Present project progress, key findings, and recommendations to management.
- Perform site evaluations and due diligence, including hiring consultants and overseeing when required.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in construction project management, preferably within the solar and renewable energy field.
- Good commercial mindset/business acumen.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Track record of successfully leading projects to close on time and within budget, including those involving sub-contractors.
- Sound technical knowledge of solar PV systems design and installation.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Availability to travel and work on-site at project locations across South Africa,
- Proficient computer skills, ability to learn new software platforms quickly.
- Comfortable in the constantly changing environment of a start-up company.
Decentral Energy offers an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of the renewable energy industry. As a Project Manager, you will play a central role in our provision of sustainable energy solutions in South Africa.
To apply, please click the link below to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.