Decentral Energy is a renewable energy company in South Africa, specialising in developing, owning, and managing renewable energy assets. We are looking for a Financial Manager to join our growing team. The Financial Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the business, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including cash flow, invoicing of revenue and expenses, budgeting (company and individual projects), company payroll, tax, payments, and other transactions.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly management accounts.
- Ensure timely filing of all company tax returns.
- Manage annual audit process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Provide information to lenders to meet requirements of loan agreements.
- Ensure compliance with financial laws and regulations.
- Develop, document and improve business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls, manage risks, and optimise efficiency.
- Additional duties as necessary.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Advanced degree in accounting or related field.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the annual audit process.
- Excellent accounting software proficiency and administration skills.
Decentral Energy offers an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of the renewable energy industry. As a Financial Manager, you will make a vital contribution to our mission to promote sustainable energy solutions in South Africa.
To apply, please click the link below to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.