It’s been an eventful week at Decentral Energy. Our loan agreement with the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) has been signed (more below). We are excited about how this will enable us to build more solar projects and contribute to the energy transition in South Africa.
If you want to help us achieve our goal of clean energy security for South Africa, we’d like to remind investors there is only one week left to invest in the Decentral Section 12J fund.
Loan agreement with the IDC
We are excited to announce that Decentral Energy has entered into a R115 million loan agreement with the IDC. Under the agreement, these funds will be used to finance an expansion of Decentral Energy’s portfolio of private solar projects, thereby contributing to the energy transition in South Africa.
Commenting on the loan, Decentral Energy Executive Director Luel Culwick said: “We are so excited to have concluded this agreement with the IDC. It’s a huge milestone that validates the quality of Decentral’s asset portfolio and business model, while also setting us up for vigorous growth by improving the scale and efficiency of our operations. This will help us to be more competitive in the market and secure better investment returns for our investors.
“We are delighted to be partnering with the IDC, which has been instrumental in taking Decentral to the next level as we follow our vision to play a key role in moving South Africa towards a clean, reliable, equitable, and efficient energy future.”
Less than one week left to invest
As we near the close of our final investment window on 30 June, we’d like to remind investors of the strength of our offering, which we’ve covered over the past few weeks.
- Tax advantages: any investment is fully (100%) deductible from your taxable income, up to an annual limit of R2.5 million for individuals or trusts and R5 million for corporates.
- Excellent risk-adjusted returns: targeted exit IRR of 20%, with aim of doubling your money.
- Positive socioeconomic and environmental impact: when you invest in Decentral, you help to create South African jobs, and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Robust exit plans: the fund managers have a clear exit strategy through which they will maximise investor returns.
- A personally committed team with substantial energy and investment experience.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to secure a spot for this final investment window.
- 514 kWp installed capacity
- 822 400 kWh clean energy generated per year
- 20-year Power Purchase Agreement signed
- 25 659 tons of CO2 saved over the system lifetime (30 years)